Terms and Conditions
Please read and keep a copy for your records.
1. Please note that all transactions will be carried out in the currency shown when you checkout.
2. Making a contract with us. Once you have placed your order, confirmation will be sent to you via e-mail complete with Transaction and Order Reference numbers. When you place an order with us, you are making an offer to buy goods. We will send you an e-mail to confirm that we have received your order. Once we have checked the price and availability of the goods, we will e-mail you again to confirm that we accept your order, and that a contract has been made between us. We will not take payment from you until we have accepted your order. If we beileve the order to be fraudulent we reserve the right to decline processing the order. In the unlikely event that the goods are no longer available, or that we have made a pricing mistake, we will advise you of this. If the goods are not available, we may supply you with substitute goods. We will advise you of this before dispatch.
3. Orders will only be accepted at the sole discretion of the management. We reserve the right to decline any transaction for any reason. You may place an order by telephone, in writing, or via our website. An order does not form a contract until accepted by us. Orders are accepted and promises for delivery given conditionally upon our being able to secure the necessary materials, and without responsibility for delays arising through certainties of manufacture, strikes, accidents or other causes beyond our control. We reserve the right to substitute equivalent items of similar or better quality should the item become unavailable.
4.Delivery. UK We offer flat rate delivery to mainland UK by signed for courier. You must provide us with an address where the goods can be received and signed for and a telephone number. The courier will make up to three attempts to deliver the goods before returning them to us. If they leave a card it is your responsibility to contact the courier and arrange collection or redelivery within 5 days. If the parcel appears damaged please sign as damaged goods with your signature. If the goods are indeed damaged in transit please let us know in writing immediately or before 7 days and do not wear them. There is a surcharge for delivery to Northern Ireland and all offshore British Islands - Including Scottish islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Channel Islands etc. Please do not purchase before examining the calculated charge which is based on weight and area. Refer to the checkout page to see the charges. Until you have completed the checkout no contract exists and you can abandon all orders.
Delivery. International - For Overseas deliveries we use international couriers who will require a signature. We prefer a commercial delivery address, if possible, to ease this process. Please note most items, except for bespoke items, are dispatched within 0-7 days unless there is a stock issue but please allow up to 28 days for delivery. Please make sure we have a valid email address and cell/mobile to ease tracking.
5.Cancellation and returns This policy does not apply to the following goods, which are exempt from the right to cancel: any item with customisation or personalisation. You can cancel your contract at any time up to 14 calendar days after the day of delivery. To do this, please e-mail us or write to us. You do not have to give any reason for cancellation. However, a brief explanation will help us to improve the service we offer to customers in the future. If you cancel, you must return the goods to us at your own expense. You must ensure that the goods are packaged adequately to protect against damage. If you fail to return the goods, we will collect them, and we will charge you the direct cost of collection. If you fail to take reasonable care of the goods before they are returned to us, and this results in damage or deterioration, we will charge you for the reduction in value. This cancellation policy does not affect your legal rights — for example, if goods are faulty or misdescribed. Please do not rely on the success of an email being delivered. If in any doubt write to us at our contact address using recorded mail.
6. Frauds or attempted frauds will be dealt with severely - we will always report it and take necessary action. We use fraud profiling and other identity verification based on the information you submit.
7. Goods remain the property of Shipton & Heneage Limited until full and final payment is received.
8. Customs Duty.Overseas customers are responsible for any duties payable if applicable.
9. Changes to these terms. These terms were last changed on 25.9.2014. These terms apply to your order. We may change our terms and conditions at any time, so please do not assume that the same terms will apply to future orders.
10. Discounts and Vouchers. Unless specifically stated - discounts do not apply to shipping costs. Any discount & voucher offers on this site assume vat is payable at the prevailing rate. Money off offers are a vat inclusive amount unless otherwise stated. If you are in a vat -free zone the discount will be reduced by the vat amount accordingly. The Discount is calculated on the net value of the goods not the vat inclusive value. Discounts cannot be used in conjunction with other offers from us unless stated. Discounts/Offers must be applied at time of ordering, we cannot adjust orders after receipt. Please also read discount-club rules
|Registered Company Number:||02320918 England & Wales, 1988|
|Registered Office:||15 Cedar Drive, Hatchend, Middlesex, HA5 4BY, UK|
|Directors||James Cookson, Alastair Baxter|
|Website:||shipton.com, shiptonandheneage.co.uk, shiphen.se, shipton.de, shipton-usa.com|
|Head Office Address:||Shipton & Heneage Limited, 117 Queenstown Road, Battersea, London SW8 3RH, UK|
|Telephone:||+44 (0)20 7738 8484|
|Fax:||+44 (0)870 762 4254|